Competition Terms and Conditions
- The Canon PhotoMarathon-XVI Singapore 2018 ("Event") is an event organised by Canon Singapore Pte. Ltd. ("CSPL") to be held on 28th July 2018 at the Suntec Convention and Exhibition Hall 401-402 and is open to all persons present at the Event. Employees (including their immediate families) of CSPL and its respective divisions, affiliates, authorised dealers/distributors, agents, sub-contractors and persons involved in organising, promoting and/or conducting the Event and any other persons that CSPL may decide to exclude at its sole and absolute discretion are not eligible to participate.
- Places are limited and will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis subject to receipt of a valid registration as determined by CSPL.
- CSPL reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change the Event date, time, venue or cancel the Event at any time without notice. In the event of such change or cancellation, CSPL shall use reasonable efforts to inform the participant prior to the date of the Event. Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable, even in the case of cancellation.
- Participants must abide by these Terms and Conditions, Competition Rules, and by any decisions made by CSPL.
- Participants under the age of 21 must obtain parental consent. All participants must download and print the relevant indemnity form, sign it and submit it to CSPL upon registration on the day of the Event.
- Each participant acknowledges, represents and warrants that the submitted entry is the original work created solely by the participant, that participant is the owner of all intellectual property rights in the submission and all photos and information ("Materials") submitted are true and accurate and do not infringe any copyright, trademark, intellectual property rights, moral rights, rights of privacy or publicity of third party and that the participant has the full and unrestricted right to provide the Materials to CSPL for its collection, use and disclosure in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and has obtained the consent of third parties where required.
- Each participant consents to the use and disclosure of any Materials and participant's name, personal data, likeness, photographs, video/film recording, voice/sound recording and other information relating to such participant or that of a third party provided by such participant for any purposes relating to or in connection with the organisation, implementation and record of the Event and future Canon Photomarathon, creation, production and sale of Event-related products and any advertising, promotional and publicity activities of CSPL ("Purposes") in any manner CSPL deems fit and waives all claims for compensation or further approval in this respect. Such disclosure may be to any party involved in the Purposes including CSPL's agencies, affiliated companies, authorised partners and sub-contractors and such other parties as may be permitted or required by law.
- Each participant grants an unrestricted, royalty free, irrevocable, perpetual and fully sub-licensable license to copy, reproduce, use, display, modify, transmit, distribute and create derivative works of the entries (along with a name credit) relating to or in connection with the Purposes, in any media now or hereafter known including but not limited to magazines, websites, social media, at CSPL's sole and absolute discretion waives all claims for compensation or further approval in this respect.
- Each participant agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless CSPL and its agencies, affiliated companies, authorised partners, sub-contractors and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents from and against any claims, losses, liabilities, expenses, costs and damages arising from and in connection with participant's participation in this Event and the acceptance and use of the prize(s). CSPL makes no warranties, representations or guarantee either expressed or implied regarding any prize including but not limited to any warranty of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
- Each winner shall, when required by CSPL:
- a. attend any prize presentation and participate in any advertising, promotional and publicity activities relating to or in connection with the Event; and/or
- b. provide his/her original government issued Identity Card / Passport for verification purposes.
- All information submitted by each participant shall be made in full and frank disclosure. Any misrepresentation may result in disqualification from the Event, forfeiture or withdrawal of any prize won in CSPL's sole discretion.
- Any participant who breaches any of these Terms and Conditions and Competition Rules shall be disqualified from the Event and any other Event organised by CSPL and/or have the prize forfeited as determined by CSPL at its sole and absolute discretion.
- CSPL shall not be liable in any way to any person for any claims, loss or damage arising from or in connection with the Event and the acceptance and use of the prize, howsoever caused (including without limitation any error in the allocation of chances, breakdown or malfunction in any online transmissions, computer system or equipment, any misdirected or lost notice and any act or omission by any person). CSPL shall have the sole and absolute discretion to decide on all matters relating to or in connection with the Event (including but not limited to eligibility and the conduct of the Event) and such decision(s) shall be final and binding on all participants. CSPL shall not be obliged to enter into any correspondence with any participant on any matter concerning the Event.
- CSPL may at any time, at its sole and absolute discretion, vary any of these Terms and Conditions without prior notice and without furnishing any reason.
- Decisions by CSPL and competition judges are final. No queries will be entertained.
- All nationalities are welcomed.
- By participating in the Event, the participant is deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions.
- There will be no refund for any cancellation of participation or non-attendance.
- In the event of any inconsistency between the Terms and Conditions and any advertising, promotional, publicity and other material relating to or in connection with the Event, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by Singapore laws and the participants of the Event shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of Singapore courts.
- Team Challenge is applicable only for participants who sign up under the Team Challenge during registration. Participants under the Team Challenge will participate at both the individual level and team level. The team score will be determined by combining the scores of the individual members of the team. Participants who choose to be part of a Team Challenge will still be eligible to win at the individual level under the Open category.
- Team Challenge is applicable only for the Open category.
- Team Challenge is open to all except students participating in Student category.
- A team of 4 members are required to form a team.
- The team with the highest combined scores of the photos submitted by the individual members of the team will be declared the winner for the Team Challenge. CSPL will present the prize to the members of the winning team. All decisions of CSPL and the competition judges are final.
- Each participant can only register and compete for one team.
- Team member must each submit ONE picture deemed suitable for the theme before the assigned deadline.
- To qualify for team challenge prize, each of the 4 team member will require to submit for all three themes.
- All participants must wear the Canon apparel provided during the Event.
- Participants can use any digital camera during the Canon PhotoMarathon-XVI Singapore 2018.
- All photographs submitted MUST be in JPEG format and sized to approximately maximum 5MB.
- Storage format accepted are CF / SD / MMC / XD / MS formats. Participants using other formats must supply their own relevant adaptors / drives for use during the submission of entries during the Event. The CSPLs will not be held responsible for the inability to read / download images.
- All photographs will be judged based on the following criteria: o Relevance to theme o Creativity in theme interpretation o Composition of photograph
- All submissions for each theme must be completed before the announced allocated deadline. CSPL reserves the rights to reject any submission once the deadline has lapsed.
- All submitted photographs must be taken on the day of the Event on 28th July 2018.
- Submitted photographs must not be altered by any editing software; only in-camera editing is allowed.
- Participants must submit their entries personally. No proxy submission by any participant shall be allowed during the Event.
- CSPL will not be responsible for providing photographic equipment including camera, spare batteries, lenses or additional memory cards. All participants are expected to come prepared with all their photographic equipment.
- Participants will compete at individual level. Changes will not be allowed after registration.
- Participants will receive theme 1 at approximately 1100hrs on 28th July 2018 at the Event Venue.
- Participants must submit ONE picture deemed suitable for the theme before the assigned deadline.
- Theme 2 will be announced immediately after the deadline for theme 1 submission has lapsed.
- Theme 3 will be announced immediately after the deadline for theme 2 submission has lapsed.
- The competition will be conducted in two categories: Open and Students. Top three prizes will be awarded for each theme per category. A "Best of Show" Prize will be awarded for each category.
- There will only be one grand prize for each of the winning teams under the Student Category.
Do's & Don'ts
Do remember to bring along a valid form of identification for the Event, such as your NRIC, Student's Pass, Employment Pass, Work Permit, Passport, or similar documents. Your identification is a crucial element in registration for the Event and the subsequent submission of photographs during the competition.
- Prepare well. Carry fully charged and spare batteries, additional memory cards and a sturdy bag for your digital camera gear. Please note that no charging facilities will be provided.
- Be creative in interpreting the themes.
- Return early so that you have time to select and download your best pictures - and have refreshments to recharge yourself.
- Pre-select your best image so that you can download quickly.
- Sleep early the night before to be fully rested.
- Stay hydrated during the marathon.
- Do not trespass into private property.
- Do not litter or smoke within the competition venues premises.
- Do not be a nuisance in public, and do not break the law under any circumstances.
- Do not park your vehicles illegally. Use the available parking lots provided in the centre, parking lots on public roads.
- Do not monopolize the downloading stations.